April 22nd, 2021 – 7:00 PM EST – Knee Region Ultrasound Diagnostics and Injection Procedures
- Review the basic sonographic anatomy of the knee
- Identify common pathologic processes involving the knee as seen during diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound evaluations
- Perform simulated ultrasound-guided knee injection procedures
Knee: intra-articular injection via suprapatellar bursa and retropatellar approaches; quadriceps and patellar tendon PNT/PRP; prepatellar, superficial infrapatellar, and deep infrapatellar
bursa injections; patellofemoral ligament injection; Hoffa’s fat pad hydrodissection; saphenous nerve hydrodissection adductor tubercle & infrapatellar pes anserine bursa; MCL Pellegrini-Steida lesion; popliteus tendon sheath injection; MCL/LCL PRP;tib-fib joint injection and ganglion cyst aspiration; peroneal nerve hydrodissection at the fibular tunnel, crural fascia and “knife-edge”; PCL ganglion cyst aspiration; PCL PRP; posterior capsule hydrodissection; Bakers cyst aspiration and fenestration.
May 20th, 2021 – 7:00 PM EST – Foot/Ankle Region Ultrasound Diagnostics and Injection Procedures
- Review the basic sonographic anatomy of the foot/ankle
- Identify common pathologic processes involving the foot/ankle as seen during diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound evaluations
- Perform simulated ultrasound-guided foot/ankle injection procedures
Foot-Ankle Region: Identify IA ankle; extensor tendons; talonavicular joint; 1st MTP joint; ATFL PRP; Subtalalr joint; Peroneal tendons; cuboid tunnel; Sinus tarsi; Tib-Fib ligament; Peroneal nerve at “knife
edge” and crural fascia; Sural nerve; Posterior tibial tendon; Tarsal tunnel; Calcaneal branch tibial nerve; Tibial nerve block; Baxter’s nerve; Achilles tendon; Retrocalcaneal bursa; FHL tendon; Plantar fascia; Plantar fibroma; Heel pad; Knot of Henry; Intersection Syndrome; Morton’s neuroma; Intermetatarsal bursa; Plantar plate
June 17th, 2021 – 7:00 PM EST – Ultrasound Guided Lower Limb Injection Procedures
The workshop will consist of lecture video material from actual injections within the musculoskeletal system.
- Videotaped examples of actual injection procedures
General principles of ultrasound-guided injection procedures including in-plane, out-of-plane, and oblique plane approaches.
- Learn how to optimize ultrasound images during injection procedures for optimal needle visualization
- Be able to optimally position patients for injections into the hip, knee, and ankle region
- Specific injection procedures for each region: hip, knee, and foot/ankle
Sign up today!